Friday, May 4, 2007

December 29, 2006: Vadodara to Pune. 547 Kms

Completely uneventful and medium speed driving till we reached Panvel to meet the grand expressway to Pune. This was the speed ride of the trip. Rubber meets concrete rips through high speed of 170 kms/hr. Rave through tunnels, cut bends, rip the straight lanes whoooohooooo... This is what I felt I lived for! This is it. Pity it ended in a flash too! Did you know you get a card when yo pay the toll tax for the expressway ... something like a debit card which you submit at the exit point?

That set me thinking on the amount of toll tax we would've paid on this whole trip... A roough guestimated calculation and the figure that poped up then 3,300 bucks (Rs)! Wow. Don't ask me to calculate it again as I've lost most of the tokens by now.

Pune city was easily the most excavated one I've seen in recent times. There was less room for traffic and more room for dug up roads... within all the debree and grime we looked around town a place called Swargate which a friend had tipped me off. Suddenly a scream.

Wifey sees a hotel and orders for a check. Which promptly I did and found it reasonably good to stay over.

That was it. Next morning the last lap to Bangalore. 887 Kms.

No comments: